Baby & Mommy Shopping List
or what might be useful to have.
Baby clothes should be functional and practical at the same time and protect your darling from the weather.
- Six to eight cotton bodies (size 50/56 and 62)
- Four to six baby rompers (size 50/56)
- one or two cotton jackets
- Two pairs of baby socks or wool shoes (depending on the season)
- A baby overall for outside - material depends on the season (size 62/68)
- cotton hat
- A pair of winter gloves (without thumbs) if you give birth in winter
- six to eight muslin cloths (for splitting)
for Mommy: Nursing bras or tops and nursing shirts, button down shirts
Babies sleep a lot in the first few months.
For sweet dreams, we recommend the following equipment - for the sleeping arrangements, please investigate yourself what fits for your family:
- Bassinet / Crib / Cradle / Baby Bay or bed with mattress (not too soft)
- Two waterproof cotton sheets to protect your mattress (also advisable for the stroller)
- Two sheets / fitted sheet
- Sleeping bag (no pillows and no extra blankets due to risk of suffocation)
- Baby rug
- Pacifier or Dummy (optional)
- Newborn diapers
- Diaper pail (with lid)
- A soft pad for diaper changes
- Wet wipes
- Baby oil
- Baby Nail Scissors
- Bath thermometer
- Hooded towel
- Washcloths (many!)
- Cream for a sore butt or nappy rashes
for Mommy: thick sanitary towels/napkins, breastfeeding pillow, cooling pads,
You need a special baby seat for the car.
- Infant carrier (Size 0/0+), please check that it is accident free and normed
- Pram / stroller
- a baby carrier (if you like) e.g. Babyborn, Manduca, Dydimos or Ergo Baby (not every baby likes to be carried - we recommend to buy the carriers once the baby is born to see if your baby likes to be carried and to find the right carrier for you and your baby)
for Mommy: a diaper bag or backpack
Mommy needs: if you are breastfeeding you need nursing pads, nipple cream and maybe nipple shields. Multi Mam Kompression (pads) are a great for sore nipples.
Baby needs: if you are not breastfeeding and for emergencies (in case there is a breastfeeding issue):
- Infant formula for babies (H0 or HA / PRE)
- Baby Bottles with teats
- Sterilizer (optional)
- bottle heater (optional)
Here is a link to the stores in Stuttgart Area.
April 2020 - Gravidamiga
This blog post has been prepared with the greatest possible care and does not claim to be correct, complete or up-to-date.“
Please follow us and tell someone of us today - thank you!