Why we recommend to take part in a postpartum recovery course and how to identify a good one.
Why a postpartum Recovery course is so important
A postpartum course is something that every woman should definitely do after giving birth.
Sometimes you feel good and stable after a birth, but if the body is not gently & professionally brought back into balance and strengthened after a birth, it can often come to discomfort later - especially when the mom everyday life becomes more stressful and the baby heavier.
A postpartum recovery is a course for life.
Unfortunately, not every woman gets a place and unfortunately they are not always all very high quality.
how to identify a good recovery course
- a self-contained course of 8-10 units
- a thorough anamnesis before the course starts
- it is not a sports/aerobics course or high-impact course
- teaching of theory about your body
- focus on your muscle corset (abdomen & back), your pelvic floor & breathing
- everyday tips for pelvic floor friendly behavior.
- the instructors should be able to offer alternatives depending on the training level of the participants
- the course leaders should have specific additional qualifications to guarantee high quality and answer your questions
If you have not found a course yet, you can book a course or personal training with our certified trainers.
You can also do this together with a friend.
January 2021 Dori Randazzo & Kira Neumann
This blog post is a personal recommendation and based on personal experience. It has been prepared with the greatest possible care and does not claim to be correct, complete or up-to-date.“
or sign up for our newsletter:
We love what we do and hope you love it, too.
Please support us and our work by donating us a coffee or a prosecco :-)