Fri, 11. - Sat, 12. Dec 2020
Birth Preparation Course compact - English
Weekend course with or without your partner
- Fri, 11. - Sat, 12. Dec 2020
- Day 1: 12:30 p.m. - 14:30 p.m.
Day 2: 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- maximum of 6
- 199 Euro plus 15 Euro registration fee
You can park in the garage of the Schwabengalerie. From there you can take a direct elevator to the studio or you take the route through the Schwabengalerie.
In this compact course you will learn everything around pregnancy and birth.
It is recommended between week 30 and week 36.
This is much more practice-oriented than our module Pregnancy & Birth.
Day 1 is women only and day 2 is with the partners.
Pregnancy & Birth
- We will focus on breathing/relaxation techniques and your pelvic floor during pregnancy and birth. Further we will explore positions throughout labor and your partner will learn how to massage you to give you some relieve. Further we will talk about pain relief.
- We will explain the stages of labor (early labor, active labor, placenta period) and will let you know what is happening / physiology, what you can do and what your partner can do.
- Not a nice topic but important are any emergencies during pregnancy and birth – just to be prepared for everything and to be on the safe side.
- Last but not least you will receive a hospital packing list & we will talk about places where you can give birth in Stuttgart.
- You will receive a binder with lots of information to read and get back to after the course
- Surprise gift bag with samples
We will give you a short overview about to look after yourself and the basics of breastfeeding.
For more in depth information about the post-partum period, breastfeeding and how to care for your baby (baby care & swaddling) we would recommend our course Breastfeeding & Baby Care - this will be right after the second part of the birth preparation course and you can attend this with your partner, too.
Our mission is to give you and your partner enough information so you can have a birth as close to the one you desire as possible.
We want to help you and your partner to feel comfortable & secure during birth.
This course is run by Dr. Christine Krämer or a midwife - maximum 6 couples
Price is per couple. The costs are not covered by the German insurance. You can always try to send in the invoice to get reimbursed.
Please note that a German course also has extra costs for the partner of around 100 - 120 Euros.